ARE YOU HYDRATED?
The questions relate to typical
signs & symptoms of (lifestyle) dehydration.
If you answer 5>/12, check out the 'Optimal Hydration Practice' below.
The 24hr Hydration Reset.
The following FOUR steps are in addition to your normal dietary practice.
- STEP 1 -
◦ On waking, drink 250ml of water + the tiniest pinch of pink Himalayan salt.
◦ So small the salt pinch, you should barely taste the salt.
◦ The water need not be VOSS water! However, I favour gassed water
- STEP 2 -
◦ Mid-morning, ideally, juice, watermelon, pineapple, banana or guava.
◦ Whole fruit is fine.
◦ From morning to night, drink to thirst only - don't force drink.
◦ Ideally, fish for lunch: the best choices; Snapper, Cod, Pollock, Sardines.
◦ Just after lunch, consume 1/4 cup shredded coconut.
◦ Again, drink to thirst, only.
◦ Before going to bed and the bathroom, consume 250ml of water with the tiniest pinch of pink Himalayan salt.
◦ 'Clean' salt (Na+) + Water (H2o) boost cellular hydration more than water alone.
◦ Water alone can lead to bloating, frequent bathroom trips, and the loss of vital electrolytes.
◦ Summer & island fruit offer up electrolytes driving improved hydration.
◦ While potassium, calcium and magnesium play key roles in optimum hydration balance, Na+ is King.
◦The listed fish offers an excellent source of Phosphorus, Selenium & Niacin, again, supporting hydration.
Salt myth: I raced the scorchingly hot Hawaiian Ironman many times improving my performance each time. I certainly didn't improve my fitness each race and body parts were aging by the race. The key ingredient for improving performance was the inclusion and increase of supplemental salt. If I didn't need it, or I tipped over the edge I simply sweat out what I didn't need. Salt balanced my hydration to the finish line.